Central, Uni, and the best place on earth.

Highschool bathrooms. (Please note this is for boys bathroom only as I have never had a good experience walking into the girls bathroom)

Highschool bathrooms are the things of nightmares. The very thought of them disgusts me and most likely you as well unless you are some type of humanoid fly. How any human could find these deathtraps utilities appealing is beyond me, and I feel especially sorry for the janitors who have to clean them every day. I too would go bald and have gray hair if I had to deal with the, ahem, creativity of high schoolers every day.

Let me start by talking about the situation of bathrooms while I was at central. The first floor bathroom was actually decent, it only smelled like socks after a day of running (Which was really good compared to shall we say, the 3rd floor bathroom which I will get to later). It was clean... ish, depends on your definition of clean, but since the toilets weren't covered in human excretion, it might as well be the cleanest bathroom in this entire flipping town. 

2nd floor bathroom was basically a discount off brand Great Value 1st floor bathroom so no need to talk about it.

Now the 3rd floor, I don't even know where I should start, but whatever.
When you enter, first of all make sure you're not slipping on the wet paper towels, then you will see the "urinal" or as it is better known, the Trough. You know the feeding trough you saw in Charlottes web back when you were a happy little child? Yeah, that, except as a urinal. No dividers, no designated spaces, just a trough lying there for you to do number 1, and god forbid someone else was there. It can get quite embarrassing with the lack of privacy, in fact it was common practice to wait in a line so 1 person could go run into the corner of the trough, do there business, and leave.

Ok, the toilets, lets just say, if you had to number 2 in school, you held it in. No question about it, You feel the urge 1st period? Well too bad you have 8 hours of suffering before you can go home and relieve yourself.  However if someone's holding you at gunpoint to use the bathroom (Which is the only valid reason I can think of for using the toilet), good luck. 
I will write a list of the process:
1. Find a working toilet, seriously this is harder than you think, I swear their were more broken/clogged toilets than working ones during the school year.
2. Flush it first, if there's nothing in it then you are one lucky bastard.
3. Wipe the toilet seat. Please. This should be self explaining.
4. Relieve yourself if you haven't thrown up yet.

If you think this is all, then you have another thing coming.
When I first came to Uni high and saw the bathroom, it was like a luxury. The place was actually clean, and the toilets didn't look like a sinkhole in Florida, but most importantly, I could breathe.

I kid you not, at central, there was another name for the bathrooms, the vape room. By walking into the bathroom you are signing a contract that you understand there is a 70% chance someone is smoking or vaping in there, and you also agree to not snitch on that someone less you wish to get death stares for the rest of your life. Whenever I saw someone vaping or smoking I 180d and left instantly. I'm no genius but I think most people would rather not have to deal with both the bathroom situation and second hand smoke, or even worse, the blueberry cupcake water vapor. 

After you're done using the bathroom you wash your hands right? Well at least you should, so after you're done raging at how the faucet isn't working, you hope there are paper towels. People usually rip out all the paper towels for some reason and throw it all over the ground, hence the part where I said earlier to not trip over the paper towels, which applies when you leave as well.

I still hate blueberry cupcake water vapor to this day.

Comments

  1. To be honest, you could have mentioned how great Uni bathrooms are a little bit more. I love the little bit about the "trough" though. My favorite thing about your post is how colloquial your language is- perfect for an essay about high school bathrooms. Both an entertaining language and a subject to be honest. In truth, I'm surprised you didn't go into more detail about the juul epidemic across the whole country. But a thrilling story/ collection of your thoughts about bathrooms 😩😩

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This post is extremely rich in detail! I hope your experience with Uni bathrooms has been more positive and less interesting. I laughed out loud when you shared that "I have never had a good experience walking into the girls bathroom."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually laughed out loud while reading your post. Good job incorporating humor all throughout this story of an apparently excruciating experience. I'm glad you made it through, I definitely would not have survived your description of the Central bathrooms. Also you had very interesting and creative descriptions like "discount off brand Great Value 1st floor bathroom." Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The detailed description of the bathrooms at Central made me laugh out loud. I sometimes miss going to a large public school, but the bathrooms are definitely not something I miss. I feel like I've gotten to see a more humorous side of you! I'm looking forward to reading more from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny post! I've heard rumors about the vape room, and I'm curious to see an actual vape room in action. I wasn't especially thankful of the Uni bathrooms, but now I guess I am blessed; I should just be grateful that I have a working and wiped toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yiiiiiiiikes... the Uni 3rd floor boy's bathroom, being the only supply cabinet in the school, is a frequent stop for tech people of all genders. And it's clean??? but it's really not as good as the girl's bathroom at all. The girl's bathroom has a hallway leading into it with a MURAL painted on the side (made last year) and also the two most comfortable couches ever in the hallway, plus a table. There are windows (ikr) and the bathroom is in bad shape if there's a pad wrapper on the floor. That's how clean it is.

    I don't really know why male bathrooms are so much worse than female bathrooms on average. But your post is very persuasive in that it illuminates the fact that the Central bathrooms are just that bad, and that it's a real problem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Quick Break - Transfer time.

Foreign Languages

Tetris in China.